I have been inspired, by life, to share.

Friday, May 18, 2007

The "Workplace"?

I found out today that the world is a deep, dark pit of deception and hedonistic behavior.

I work for a small, but steadily growing company. I came to the office this morning and later discovered that I've been sitting at my desk with my eyes closed. These people in here are off the hook!

If I had taken the time to focus in on the underlying issue and situations that have been occurring, I wouldn't be so lost right now. These people are freak, nasty folks. Everybody is sleeping around. Cheating on their families. I mean they're in here doing some soap opera type stuff. And I'm sitting here like...DAMN! WHERE HAVE I BEEN for the past 3 months?

The CEO is a "nose bleeder" who gets drunk and hits on and sleeps with his secretaries. People are up in here passing around video tapes of them having sex with a co-workers wife. Females are being hated on by their female superiors, sexual harrassment is running rampid.....I mean the list goes on and on.

And all I can do is sit here with my mouth open. Trying to wrap my mind around the fact I'm in this explosive environment and I had NO IDEA! I must be really dense.

And then, I wonder...Americans spend too much time at work. Some of the folks here work 12 hour days. When you spend so much time with a group of people, can't you expect for things like this to go on? This company has office gatherings/parties at the pub down the street. That has to contribute to what's going on, right? We also can dress however we like on any given day. That has to contribute as well, right? They are also in the business of hiring people who there friends instead of hiring a more qualified candidate for the position.

But don't get me wrong the business is thriving. It is in no way lacking in that respect. But I wonder how well it COULD be doing if so many of these problems were ommitted.

America. That's exactly what it is.

In most foreign countries people don't spend nearly as much time in the workplace as Americans do. They go to work less hours a week and spend more time with their wives, husbands, and children. They have more time to build that familial foundation and have less opportunity to tear/break it down.

It's saddening. And I'm almost glad I've had blinders to this whole thing. That means I'm not a part of it. That means these crazy folks around here don't see me as the type to participate. Cuz lawd knows I got enough to deal with than to be bothered by personal stuff between co-workers.

6 Comments:

Blogger T.a.c.D said...

keep your blinders on in terms of NOT getting involved in taht mess, but always keep your eyes and ears open to the point where you aren't PUT in it...that's the lesson i had to learn...

speak, keep it moving, do your job, and that's it and that's all...

May 18, 2007 at 2:24 PM

 
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

let me clarify-my mess was NEVER nothing like sex or anything (i went back and re-read what i wrote...lol) but like just office drama...and i got caught up because i didn't pay enough attention NOT to get caught up...

but yes...the AmeriKan way of life

May 18, 2007 at 2:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to corporate/government America. Honestly, I think a lot of what you said about people hiring friends, higher-ups sleeping with their secretaries, etc. That's just how things can be in a business environment (notice I said "can be"). And the adultery and lude stuff is stuff that goes on a lot outside of work so it really shouldn't be surprising.

I agree with Tiff's advice though. Stay out of the loops/cliques and don't let other people's trifling activities have an impact on who you are and what you stand for. But I'm sure no one has to tell you that. You already know.

You always gotta be observant. The line between observant and oblivious is not a thin one. You're either on one side or the other.

May 18, 2007 at 3:15 PM

 
Blogger jendayi said...

i guess we can't really be all the surprised that it's happening right? everything's just plain nasty now-a-days. yeah, like t.c. said, stay away and keep those blinders up. be different.

May 22, 2007 at 10:27 AM

 
Blogger jendayi said...

thank you for posting something!!!!! geez!!

May 22, 2007 at 10:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey KC its Fayth. This post is funny and ironic because I recently found out alot of stuff about my place of business. Its amazing how people can front like they got their stuff together and their life is really a H.A.M.!!

June 25, 2007 at 4:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home