I have been inspired, by life, to share.

Friday, May 4, 2007

7 Hours People!!!!!

I decide, two weeks ago, that i want to change my look a bit. I'm taking pics tomorrow as a part of my focused mode so I wanted to look and feel fresh. I scheduled the appointment for 6:30pm. I arrived on time, if not, earlier. Do you know I didn't get home until 1:30am!!!!!
A.M. ! People.
Pissed, is not an accurate description. This island man had me sitting and waiting on him for 5-6 hours!

Now call me spoiled, but my girl, Val (my regular hairdresser) has me IN and OUT. If my appointment's at 6:30 I can expect to leave BEFORE 8:00. AND I'll pay less than half of the price I paid last night (this morning)!

So, I arrive at 6:30 only to discover there are 5 heads in front of me. Mind you I've never been here before so I'm thinking...."maybe he moves pretty quickly"...I should be out by ten. I have a date with my dahling later on.
Guess again, you say!
I'm watching, like ...."this dude is really taking his time...as if it's not 10:00 in here!" He's on the phone, he's on the computer, he's having conversations. Now if I'm waiting on someone for a service, it behooves them to remain silent and continuously work, even if your working slow...I'll know your still working.

Laughing, Conversation, Eating, Sighing, The closing of ones eyes to signify exhaustion.....these are all things that make me want to cuss my service provider out after I've been waiting for toooooo long.

Around 9:30, I realize that if I'm going to eat anything at all I better get something. I gather my things to prepare to take the walk down U Street to Ben's Chilli Bowl (looking like a H.A.M. with my hair blown out) And this dude has the nerve to ask me where I'm going and if I could pick him up a turkey sandwich.

Now, this may not seem to be a big deal to any of you but after you've spent 4 hours cussin' somebody out in your head, when they ask you a favor, it's almost infathomable.

Finally! 11:30. I'm in the chair. I immediately smell this hot, funky stench. It's dude's breath. He's cutting my bangs and blowing the hair off of my face with penetrating gusts of wind that he conjured up from way down deep in his intestines. He must've seen my funky face cuz after a few times he finally decided to use the hair brush to get rid of the cut hair.

It's now 12:00am. We're the only two in the shop and he begins to sing and hum and do that "Night at the Roxbury" dance. Then he asks, "Do you know Jesus?" I reply, "Yes sir"....he continues, (island accent) "May the Lord be rid of the thing that ConCerNED, this chil' "..... I'm like, "oh yeah?"....you better watch out homie, cuz all that's on my mind right now, is you.

Then he baited me ya'll..."Where do you live? Do you need a cab?"
"I live in Bowie, and No, I drove."
"So, your going New York Avenue?"
"Yes"
"Could you drop me off? I live right off of New Y0rk."

I begin to scream at the top of my lungs. (in my head)
This fool is crazy!!!!

I like my hair. Not 7 hours worth though

6 Comments:

Blogger It is What It Is... said...

Hey Ms. Lady......please send "us" a picture if you don't want to post them for the blogger community to see......where did you get her hair done?

I've been going to Bubbles...(too damn expensive) but I like it cuz I don't have to sitt all damn day like I do with my "African American" Stylist in her ghetto hair salon where she takes breaks, talks on the cell, sends text messages, eats, tells jokes, argues with her baby daddy and kids before she gets to my hair....LMBO...

Anyway - and after all of that...I want to see pictures...LOL hahahaha

May 4, 2007 at 12:33 PM

 
Blogger K.C. said...

LOL: Ok ....pics are coming soon

May 4, 2007 at 12:38 PM

 
Blogger K.C. said...

oh...and I went the salon called PORTFOLIO (Clint) on U Street

May 4, 2007 at 12:39 PM

 
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

that's the price of beauty...i am sure its baggin...make sure we see the new look....i can't wait

May 4, 2007 at 9:22 PM

 
Blogger jendayi said...

i heard the hairdo is fierce!

May 7, 2007 at 12:37 PM

 
Blogger It is What It Is... said...

Update your blog...geeze

May 17, 2007 at 11:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home