I have been inspired, by life, to share.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Chant it: NO NINE TO FIVE!

Today is my last day at this 9-5 job. I'm grateful for the opportunity, but the 9-5 thing just ain't for me. I think I've always known it, even as a child. I think sometimes.."what's the point?" How are you living a life with a 9-5 job? Your whole being and existence is dictating by someone or something else.

You spend 8 or more hours of every day of your life in the same location, in the same seat, during the same time.

I know, I know...you gotta pay the bills, you gotta earn a living, you gotta survive. It just sucks is all I'm sayin.

So, I'm going on tour with a theatre company starting in a couple of weeks as well as working as the Director of Marketing. I create my own schedule, I get to travel around the country, while making a pretty good living. I say... this is the life for me. I'mma have to be a star and an entrepreneur. I gotta make this life work. Now, I'm not saying I'll never go back to the 9-5, cuz, in all honesty, it's not a stable condition to live in, but I just need a break from it all. And why not do it while I have no kids, no husband, and can just worry about me for a while.

Man, it's good to be single (unmarried) and free!

3 Comments:

Blogger T.a.c.D said...

I feel you...OR if you are IN a 9-5 that you believe in and you can see yourself working for a cause it can work...since I honestly BELIEVE in my new job and what the organization stands for and what they do for kids...I can chulk it up and bare teh 9-5 routine of things...

But I feel you, going to work, JUST to work...in a job you hate or to do something you don't believe in or like...I couldn't do it either...I just couldn't...

I truly applaud you on stepping out there and doing your thang Miss Lady...why not...you have a well thought out plan and I am sure its going to work out...

HELLO!

January 12, 2007 at 12:24 PM

 
Blogger jendayi said...

Congratulations on breaking free Kace. Run with your dreams!

January 12, 2007 at 2:26 PM

 
Blogger K.C. said...

Hey Alisa!

It's good to hear from you! Girl we all have dreams and we all have the compacity to fulfill them and you may be even more lucky because your son will be inspired by your journey to make your dreams come true.

January 15, 2007 at 7:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home